Built and operated by Mark “Sparky” Paltridge, Spark1 Studios is more than just a place to record. With over 15 years performing and recording in the industry, Sparky has an unparalleled passion for arrangement, production and attention to detail.
An intimate and unique recording environment…
This incredible facility was constructed by converting two ex shipping containers to a state-of-the-art, cutting edge modern recording studio. Spark1 Studios is designed for ideal acoustics, comfort and portability. With three separate recording rooms to choose from, one can track drums either with a tight, well controlled sound, or go for huge drums sounds in Studio C, utilizing mics placed in the stairwell and adjacent bathroom, as well as all the close mics around the kit.
Spark1 Studios has invested in the finest gear of the analogue and digital realms, featuring the foremost mics, preamps, compressors, EQs & AD/DA converters available. This includes recording equipment such as Neumann, Senheisser, AKG, API, Avedis, DBX, Purple Audio, JLM AUDIO and RME, as well as utilizing ‘classic’ older valve gear and equipment.
And for all you singer/songwriters out there: DON’T HAVE A BAND? Spark1 has access to the best musos on the Sunshine Coast to help you realise your sonic dreams. These include drummers, bass players, lead/rhythm guitarists, vocalists and keyboardists, as well as the more traditional players of acoustic instruments such as mandolins, bouzoukis etc …
Spark1 Studios set rate is $60/hr or $400/day. For availability and bookings please call: 0416262 319 or email.
Your time is now!!
- Yamaha M 1516 Analogue Desk
- Mackie Control Universal PRO control surface and extender
- JLM Audio VOC 2 compressor (LA-2A style)
- Purple Audio MC-77 compressor (1176 compressor)
- Chameleon Labs stereo compressor (modded by JLM)
- DBX 160 VU compressor (x1)
- JLM Audio 99V 500 series mic pres (x2)
- JLM Audio TG 500 series mic pre
- JLM FC 500 series compressors (x2)
- JLM Audio TMP 8 mic pres (x8)
- Quad Eight dual mic pre
- Avedis MA5 500 series mic pre
- API 550B 500 series EQ
- API 512c 500 series mic pre
- JLM Audio PEQ 500 series (Pultec style EQ with extra freqs) (x2)
- Broadcast Audio passive summing mixer (16:2)
- Lexicon PCM 80 Digital Reverb
- Lexicon PCM 41 Digital Delay
- Fulltone Tube Tape Echo
- Event Opal monitors
- Yamaha NS-10 monitors
- Auratone Monitors
- JLM LA 500 series compressors (x2)
- Roland 201 Space Echo tape delay
- Shure SM7 vocal mic
- Neumann CMV-563 with M7 capsule valve vocal mic
- Neumann KM 184 stereo pair
- Sennheiser 421’s (x2) (tom mics)
- Audix D6 kick mic
- AKG C414 mic
- SM PRO MC 04 ribbon mic (x2)
- Shure 57’s (x2)
- Electrovoice RE20 dynamic mic
- 1 x Royer 121 ribbon mic
- Shure B52 kick drum mic
- Mercenary Audio KM69 pencil condenser mic.
- Fender Blues Junior valve guitar amp
- Marshall JCM2000 valve combo guitar amp
- Gibson Les Paul, 1976 model
- Fender Japanese Strat, 1982
- Guild D72 acoustic guitar, 1998
- Pearl Masters Custom 6 1/2” maple snare
- LP Classic Congas
- Ludwig USA Custom Maple 4 pce drum kit, (24” x 18” kick, 13” x 11” rack tom, 16” x 16” floor tom).
Studio featured on Channel 7’s Better Homes and Gardens
Better Homes & Gardens aired a story on 21 May 2010 about how to add instant value to your home. They contacted Sparky from Spark1 Studios on the Sunshine Coast to see if they could feature his studio in the show.
The crew came to Spark 1 and filmed Rory O’Donnell recording his song ‘Eternity’, while Sparky was engineering.
They were very efficient and professional, and did a great job, especially considering the weather!!
Guitar Player: Rory O’Donnell www.roryodonnell.com.au